We are very excited to introduce the new JapanDict dictionary in beta.
We’ve been working very hard to add new features and to improve the speed and usability of the dictionary. You can be one of the first people to test it! 🎉
Please let us know what you think by using the feedback button.
Check all the changes that we have implemented to improve the dictionary:
- 🎨 Modern and sleek new design using the latest web technologies.
- 🌔 Dark mode to make it easier to read during the night.
- 🚅 Shinkansen speed! The dictionary internals have been reworked to make it faster than ever.
- 🏷 Tags in every word to make it easier to classify them. Tags can also be used when searching: try it by writing
#in the search form.
- 🗣 Pitch accent representation for most readings of the words.
- ✍ New and nice kanji and word writing animations. This can be very helpful to study how to write properly any word or kanji.
- 👨🦯 Extra readings for kanji characters: Chinese, Korean (hangul and romanized), Vietnamese and braille (for visually impaired people).
- 📃 Kanji radical information with details for each one of them, to be able to study the origins of each kanji.
- 📕 Similar kanji (that can be confused), antonyms (with opposite meaning) and homonyms (same pronunciation) for selected kanji characters.
- ❓ Help documents for almost any section of the site to make it easier for newcomers.
Check also some of the features that make this Japanese dictionary unique:
- あ Readings of the Japanese words in hiragana, romaji and furigana on the kanji to be able to study each reading.
- 🔈 Audio readings for every word and for the conjugations.
- 🌍 Meanings of the words in multiple languages when available: English, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
- 💬 Adjective and verb declensions with audio and readings in kana and romaji.
- 🦜 Example sentences with audio readings, translation in several languages and word separation to make the analysis and studying of the sentence easier.